Chronicles of the Realm is committed to providing a harassment-free LARP experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of players or crew in any form. People violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event (without a refund) at the discretion of the event organizers.
We understand that in a LARP system, there will always be conflict and threats IC (in character), and this policy is not meant to eradicate these conflicts. However, we are setting guidelines so that people feel safe to Roleplay these situations, and make sure that there is no IC/OOC (out of character) cross-over. It’s fine if characters feel uncomfortable, but not if players do.
- OOC abusive name calling and comments
- OOC threatening behavior – this can also be behavior that you mean to be IC, but that people find threatening OOC. You may not realize this at the time, but you should pay attention to the person you are interacting with and respond immediately to any requests to stop or move away, or notes you are given by NPC's or staff members of Chronicles of the Realm.
- Unwanted physical contact.
- Taking photos or filming people after they have asked you to stop.
- Unwelcome sexual attention – this can also be IC unwelcome attention. We have no interest in roleplaying around the area of sexual assault or harassment, and if your behavior touches on this, it is not suitable for this game.
If someone asks you to stop what you are doing, you must stop, even if you feel you are not harassing them. This is not about you or your personality, it is purely about behavior that feels threatening to others. Players asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If you are feeling harassed, please find an NPC or Event Organizer so that we can address the situation and help you feel safe.
Event organizers will be happy to help participants contact site security or local police if needed, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event.
If someone continues demonstrating harassing behavior after having been warned, they will be expelled from the event without any compensation. People can also be expelled without warning for serious incidents of harassment (for example, punching someone or continuing sexual advances towards someone after having been told to stop).
Anyone who purchases tickets for our events will have to read and sign to agree to abide by both our anti-harassment policy.